Wednesday, December 01, 2004

GO!


Then He said, "Go into the world. Go everywhere and announce the Message of God's good news to one and all. Mark 16:15 The Message

There is no draft for this war. Not the war in Iraq, or the spiritual battle that surrounds us each day. Although I grew up in the Vietnam era, my age kept me somewhat innocent of the combat and home front conflict surrounding it. Now that both of my sons are the same age of most soldiers serving, I am no longer innocent of either combat or conflict as it approaches my home front. Let me assure you this is no pre-election outcry for either party or problem. I find myself on a different battleground, and the analogies of enemies and armies have long been referenced.

This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels. Ephesians 6:12 The Message

Fourteen women from Fellowship Bible Church Dallas prepared six months for the mission trip to Kenya. Let me repeat, fourteen women. The combination of hormones alone could have resulted in an unpleasant boot camp. BUT, the Spirit of the Living God prevailed, not unpredictable hormones. I had reservations about being a part of a team, most of who had no prior foreign mission battlefield exposure, but I also felt the stirring of His Spirit calling me to be the combat chaplain. Each of us had specific roles to fulfill for the ministry to the laywomen in the Nakuru area. Each one of us answered His call to arms - we were soldiers at once, but we were not young!

Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Ephesians 6:13 The Message

We are still on our feet, we survived, we thrived together. We mingled our tears with our fellow sister soldiers in the fields of Africa. We learned how to sing a song in Kenya, and we taught how to dance with freedom rhythms! We had our eyes opened to the problems and the suffering, we remain diligent, we remain standing in the gap for we know we are still at war.
In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

WE ARE PRAYING STILL AND WE ARE WINNING!

And don't forget to pray for me. Ephesians 6:18 The Message