Wednesday, December 01, 2004

VOLUME 12 - 2004

The View from Here

Up above the clouds
there is no crying
His hand has wiped the tears
from every face
no sadness and no sorrow
where night shall be no more
for all the former things have
passed away
Excerpt from
Sunshine After Rain Poetry and Prose
“Please make sure your seat belt is securely fastened…”

I settle into my window seat and watch from the tiny portal at 21A, luggage load into the “belly of the winged beast.” It is my familiar ritual, but in these post-9/11 days, international travel is seldom familiar. There are new security checks, no more nail files, and guarded looks toward foreigners. I hold my breath as the plane takes flight, not for fear of flying or of the future, but for the ministry adventure awaiting this foreigner. I will be the stranger in a strange land.

Flying often may add frequent flyer miles to my account, but look on the faces below and see what is added to your Kingdom account!

“… I am looking for what may be credited to your account…” Philippians 4:17

I travel the miles, but you make possible the smiles. You enabled a year of diverse mission and ministry. Your generous faithful support and prayers continue to keep us flying to “the ends of the earth” sharing the good news.

Fasten your mental seat belts, hold on to your hats, turn the page, read of the adventures you took part in, and the lives eternally changed, credited where it counts!

…store up for yourselves treasures in heaven… For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:20-21